Health and Care Videos is a joint partnership with Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust. We have produced over 800 patient, carer and staff-facing videos which are housed in online libraries tailored to the primary, secondary and care sectors. Our videos have been developed by clinicians and specialists who work in the health and care sectors and have been shown to save time and money and improve the patient and user experience.
As part of the Better Care Fund, Torbay Council have asked us to create and improve resources for Torbay’s informal carers and those they care for in order to support carers, encourage self-care and improve health and well-being. To achieve this, we have created an extensive online library of helpful videos, resources and services tailored to informal carers.
- Create and improve local resources for informal carers and voluntary organisations
- Equip informal carers and those they care for with key information using a library containing over 200 videos (making it the largest library of patient/carer health information videos in the UK)
- Support patients and their carers through pathways of care in order to better inform them before a potential admission, and help to prepare them for discharge
- Make available additional patient and carer resources to provide a single point of access for all health advice and information
- Raise awareness of Torbay Council’s involvement in the “Proud to Care” campaign and the carer apprenticeship programmes in order to support informal carers to develop their skills and encourage them into the paid carer profession